Do you dread the long queue when applying for the NBI Clearance? Too lazy waking up very early just to be among the 500 applicants for the day?
I was supposed to go to Ever Gotesco Recto to apply for my Clearance and whilst browsing www.nbi.gov.ph an information led me to my discovery of their E-Clearance System. I Googled “NBI E-Clearance” to check if other people have already tried and read their testimonies. So upon reading other blogsites I was convinced that I should have a go and these were the procedures that I did:
NOTE: E-Clearance System is only implemented at the Main Branch at U.N. Ave. (Taft Ave.)
1. Pay the NBI Clearance fee of Php 115 (NBI Clearnce fee) + Php 20 (Convenience fee) through G-Cash account. If you already have one the better, but you could also pay through any G-Cash Outlets. I paid at some store here in Manila and I just gave the number of NBI (stated at their website).
*Ask for a receipt because the guy/lady who will attend to you at NBI will ask for your receipt. Unfortunately/Fortunately when he asked for my receipt, I was not able to present any because the lady from the store just wrote the reference number on a piece of paper. Good thing he did not argue and send me back to the store and ask for a receipt. (lol!)
2. Go to the website of NBI and register. Then they will send you an e-mail and you have to supply the necessary information that will be stored in their data base.
*Double-check the information before you click ‘save’ because you will not be allowed to amend any data after and if you need to do so, you will have to pay another Php 115. So be careful, ok?
3. Print out the QR form which you will present on your appointment date.
4. Text NBI for booking your appointment date then you will receive a confirmation text.
*The text is free of charge. If possible, book your appointment at around 8AM. When I arrived that time, we were only six waiting to be called.
5. On your date of appointment, go directly to the 4th floor. Put your QR form at the box placed in front of the office door of E-Clearance department.
6. Sit and wait for your name to be called.
*I was lucky because when I arrived at 8AM, there were other five people waiting but I was the first to be called. A first in my entire existence to be served at a public office. Heehee!
7. Once inside, you will be interviewed and the rest of the procedure will be done there such as photo and finger print taking.
*Finger print is already digital so no need for the wet wipes they used to sell for Php 5. Yay!
8. Wait for the official receipt and the instruction if your clearance will be released the same day or if you have to come back after 5 days.
*If you have a ‘HIT’ (like me!), you’ll have to come back after the specified date.
9. During the releasing, it’s better if you could go there at around 8AM because there are no long queues. (That’s according to my experience)
10. Congratulations! You now have your new NBI Clearance. :)
I must say that this system really helped me save my time. If you’re not convinced and still want to try the manual application, just imagine the number of people waiting for their turn just to get their clearance.
I hope this information helped some of you.